Sunday, July 17, 2016

Traveling Dolphins Watercolor Painting In Progress

I'm about to complete my painting of dolphins. I've found I prefer working on 300 lb paper a little better with all the work I do than the 140 lb I'm using on this painting. These are the steps thus far in the painting.

Laying down the background and removing the pebeo. I find using the pebeo to be the best masking 
I've ever used, but it's still tricky laying it in without having to go back into the subjects and 
fill in background. 

 I painted the dolphins using Daniel Smith  "moonglow". It has 3 different pigments in it that looks like you are using several colors in the body of the dolphin.

Coming to final phase of the painting. My mother and calf were to be the focus but it looks like the larger one at this point is coming in sharper. Will work on the background a little more and bring the calf forward a bit.



No comments:

Post a Comment